Monday, July 07, 2008

Michael Turner



I just recently learned of the passing of Michael Turner, while I never met him on a direct personal level. I had the chance to speak with him and discuss my own artwork at San Diego Comic Con back in 2005. Michael was a great guy and I feel honored to have had a chance to meet him and talk to him for a short while about my own work.

Whether you liked his work or not I am sure everyone that knew him or at least knew of his work will agree that he was a great guy and a talented individual nonetheless.

I always enjoyed picking up one of his books, even if it was only for the covers as I enjoyed his style and design on either his own characters or those within other books.


He will be missed.


If you are looking to send condolencs or a charitable donation in Michaels name please visit http://www.aspencomics.com/ for more information.

No comments: